Saturday, May 17, 2008

It's pretty easy, being green

Mary, my dad and I checked out the Green Festival today (the boys had baseball). We took public transportation, donated some books, and brought our own water. Naughty Mary used disposable diapers, though.


Grandpa met Greg Palast, and thankfully we weren't tased. We saw all sorts of interesting things. I was impressed that even the plastic cups for samples were compostable (made from corn!). In a nutshell, though, it was like the auto show of the eco-world. Even among people who proclaim, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle", there were a whole lot of wares being touted. It was nice to be down at Navy Pier - the weather was perfect!

Here's Mary in the Grand Ballroom listening to this guy.

2 comments:

MaPi said...

I hope that toy Mary is holding onto is recycled...

Gabi said...

Not recycled, but it is re-used. It belonged to my first baby :)