Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 20

This morning we woke up to rain. Mary was still sleeping (you can see her arm all the way to the left in this picture), but the boys were awake, so we all spent some time reading in bed ~ Charlie likes the "choose your own adventure books" that I remember reading as a child. Sam likes them, too. I'm not sure what exactly Sam is doing when he 'reads' these types of books with no pictures. I'm hoping one day he'll just surprise us by spouting off a whole page of words.

When they finally made it downstairs, they ran right back up, excitedly saying that the chicks were hatching! The chicks were hatching! We saw two eggs with little holes poked through the shells. It's really neat - you can see the chick moving around in there and hear a ton of peeping! I feel like a chick midwife - I'm very hands-off ;)

No comments: