Saturday, August 20, 2011

Demolition Derby

When I was a kid, my sister and I loved going to the Demolition Derby in Sycamore with my dad. I was delighted, then, when he called to ask if we all wanted to go for my birthday! We had some delicious fried chicken at White Fence Farm, first, before heading over to the Route 66 Speedway in Joliet. It was every bit as fun as I remembered, and of course the kids loved it, too~
I wish we had thought to bring ear plugs for the kids, but nobody seemed to mind the noise~
Smash 'em up cars - great for kids of all ages~
It's a little embarrassing (and I started to fret with middle-class guilt about the money spent on gasoline just for entertainment when there are people in the world without any water to drink), but I love it~

Thanks, Dad - it was a great time :)

No comments: