Saturday, June 20, 2009

I know you will be and I hope you are an excellent man, and I will love you absolutely if you are not.

The title is from "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson. I gave that book to my dad several months ago, because it really spoke to me, and I knew he would like it, too. We both loved the book! I can totally picture Scott or my dad saying that line. It's beautifully written. Another exceptionally wonderful book I recently read, and shared with my dad is "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger. I can't say enough good things about this book. I think "Peace" just may be the best book I've ever read. But I highly recommend both books. Either would make very meaningful gifts for one's dad.

Tonight we had our annual fish fry to celebrate Father's Day. Mary started off with a butter appetizer, mmmmm~
Here's Sam eating the bass he caught in Arkansas~
After dinner, the boys enjoyed a game of bags~

Mary giving Grandpa some of the clover she picked on her walk with Pam~
And a kiss~
Mary loves her daddy~
And her grandpa~
We had strawberry shortcake with homemade buttermilk biscuits. The boys saw these candles yesterday and wanted to get them for Scott~
What a great dad~

No comments: