Sunday, November 22, 2009

"Only the pure of heart can make good soup." ~ Beethoven

Tonight was my third annual soup exchange. It was the best yet! I made cream of mushroom and Emily made Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup. Tracy wowed us all with her crockpot bacon corn chowder. Kelly brought a delicious Polish potato cheese soup. Katie scored with a white chicken chili. Kylene finally made her (soon-to-be) famous split pea. And Janelle rounded out the night with some hearty beef barley. Some year I am going to remember to take pictures of each soup. This year, all I got was my own~I love this soup exchange - there's nothing better than having 6 homemade dinners waiting in the freezer for a busy night! Janelle calls it a "slop exchange". That's okay - we still love her, especially Mary~

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a neat idea! And so much more useful than a cookie exchange.